Re: [Freetype] some questions about freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] some questions about freetype
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:06:10 +0200 (CEST)

学清,

>    I want to and GB2312 to a font file.

Unfortunately, this sentence is so incomplete that I can't guess what
you really want to say.

>But it can be used by the freetype.  It returns me a 6 when I use
>Select_Charmap.  Maybe there are other reasons.  Could you tell me
>the reason?  Thank you!  Or, if you know some font that support
>gb2312, please tell me or send me a font.  Thank you!

Today, you won't find many fonts which have a cmap for GB2312.
Virtually all fonts have a Unicode cmap.

The proper way to handle gb2312 is to convert all input data to
Unicode with a function like iconv before rendering with FreeType --
GNU libc has this already built it, and Bruno Haible's libiconv is a
stand-alone implementation of iconv which you can use as an
alternative.