RE: [Freetype] Cursive Script

From: 786
Subject: RE: [Freetype] Cursive Script
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:05:40 +0500

> Can FreeType support CURSIVE SCRIPT feature in Arabic script?

Support... if you are talking in terms of OpenType support then

a)       if you are talking in terms of glyph substitution, then freetype has plenty of support already and the way how I foresee it, it will not be long when it will have complete support. Being a little technical, cursive script like Arabic mainly requires the GSUB type 2, 6 and 8.  Freetype supports 1-6. I am almost done with the type 8 and after it is hopefully incorporated we can say that substitution support for cursive script (or for that matter any script) is over.

b)       Things are pretty messy as far as 'positioning' is concerned and the answer to that would be, I think, NO, if you are specifically referring to the 'curs' feature.

Aamir

Can FreeType support CURSIVE SCRIPT feature in Arabic script?

Since I tested, Letters presented separately.

Thank you very much!

Suzz yoo