[Freetype] differences between 2.1.4 and 2.1.7

From: Sven Olsen
Subject: [Freetype] differences between 2.1.4 and 2.1.7
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:21:13 -0400

Hi,
When I upgraded from version 2.1.4 to version 2.1.7 the appearance of my rendered fonts changed significantly. I like the old 2.1.4 renderings more than the 2.1.7 versions -- is there any way to tell freetype to render in the older style?

Thanks,
        Sven

PS: Here's a webpage with images showing the sorts of differences I've noticed, as well as the truetype font file that I'm using:
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/03/sven/scratch/fonts.htm