[Freetype] GTK 1.x truetype font rendering gone bad with Xorg (FC2)

From: Andre Costa
Subject: [Freetype] GTK 1.x truetype font rendering gone bad with Xorg (FC2)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:00:42 -0300

Hi,

ever since I upgraded my Fedora Core 1 to FC2, GTK 1.x apps are showing
bad truetype font rendering. You can check out the difference with
these 2 screenshots of Sylpheed [http://sylpheed.good-day.net] in
action:

http://gwpr03.microlink.com.br/~acosta/Sylpheed-FC1.png
http://gwpr03.microlink.com.br/~acosta/Sylpheed-FC2.png

Anyone has any idea on what could be the cause of this weirdness? (I
hope it is, because I've already tried Fedora ML, Xorg ML and
gnome-redhat ML, and got nowhere =( ). I've heard people saying that FC2
installations from scratch don't show this behavior, so it is very
likely that upgrading left some FC1 crud behind which is getting in the
way of font rendering...

I am really lost, so any pointers will be very welcome.

TIA

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa