Re: [Freetype] linking libz.a - problems building freetype2 on solaris 7

From: Paul Tregoing
Subject: Re: [Freetype] linking libz.a - problems building freetype2 on solaris 7
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:59:32 +0100

Problem (sort of) solved: I removed support for compressed font files by commenting out the following lines from freetype/include/freetype/config/ftoption.h

/* #define FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_LZW */
/* #define FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_ZLIB */
/* #define  FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB */

I know its not a fix per se, but since I don't need support for compressed font files on this system I'm not going to worry about it :)

Paul

David Turner wrote:

Hello,

it seems you're trying to generate a DLL (shared object on Unix)
using a static library (libz.a). This cannot work, since you need
the shared version of zlib (i.e. libz.so) to do that...

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

Veeresh Khanorkar wrote:

Please recollect I had send a mail with Subj: Compiling problem: Freetype2 on Solaris. I described about problem compiling freetype 2 on solaris. My compilation also resulted in same kind error as shown here. I will as well like to fix the problem.

Thanks
-Veeresh