[Freetype] rendering in mono

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: [Freetype] rendering in mono
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:58:24 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

i'm facing with a problem when i render in mono

what i want to do is rendering a string in mono, using kerning. I want to
blit the 1-bit glyph images onto a 1-bit bitmap.
The problem is that it seems that when i use FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap with the
correct origin vector, the resulting glyph images are not byte aligned, so
that i have to do myself the blitting of the glyph image, by manipulating
the bits.

Indeed, it the glyph images were byte aligned, only a "or" could be used
to blit my glyph images.

In the note of FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap, it is said "The glyph image is
translated with the `origin' vector before rendering." Does this only
occur in normal rendering ? What is done in mono rendering ?

So, am i wrong in my above statements (that is, my test prog is
wrong) ? Am i right and there's a straightforward solution for that
problem ? Or no solution and i have to manipulate bits myself ?

i hope i was clear :)

Thank you !

Vincent TORRI

PS: is there an irc channel for freetype ?