Re: [ft] loading CID fonts and CMAPS

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] loading CID fonts and CMAPS
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:02:13 +0900

Hi

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:26:57 +0200
"Ian Brown" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Yes, AFPDS actually but the same principle.
>I have the code-point but I need to convert it to a CID before I can
>pass it to freetype. That requires the cmap table to be parsed. Do you
>know of any code that can read a cmap?

I remember, Type1 font library in XFree86 (after XFree86-4.x) or
Xorg (after X11R6.7) is enhanced version by SGI to support CIDFont
and it includes simple CMap parser. But this parser is designed for
separated CMap resource file, not for embedded CMap. I suppose xpdf
is another CMap parser which is capable to parse embedded CMap.

Regards,
mpsuzuki