RE: [ft] east asian characters rendering incorrectly

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: RE: [ft] east asian characters rendering incorrectly
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:01:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Aaron Brady wrote:

Does anoyone know if there are any (preferably free) fonts out there
that can correctly create the outline in freetype with the interpreter
disabled? (for Chinese traditional/simplified, Japanese, and Korean).

As far as I know "MS Gothic" (msgothic.ttf) font renders well, also "HGGothicB" (hgrgb98.ttf), "Andale WT" (andalewt.ttf) does.

While "MingLiU" (mingliu.ttc) is affected by that problem...

Unfortunatelly I'm not sure about licences on these fonts, but probably none of them is free. But at least a few of them
are distributed with (some versions of) MS Windows.

Also I have some links to free fonts, but I'm not sure if there are any Asian...
http://www.identifont.com/free-fonts.html
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/fonts.html
http://www.larabiefonts.com/

You can also see here (although I'm not sure about the "legal" side):
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

BTW, this is nice topic for the new Wiki...

Jan

 |_| | | | \|                             http://juljas.net/