Re: [ft] FreeType2 configuration

From: Richard Smolak
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeType2 configuration
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:36:09 +0200

> > I have a code which is using only a few FreeType2 functions for TTF
fonts
> > rendering:
> > FT_Init_FreeType
> > FT_Done_FreeType
> > FT_Done_Face
> > FT_New_Memory_Face
> > FT_New_Face
> > FT_Attach_File
> > FT_Select_Charmap
> > FT_Set_Char_Size
> > FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes
> > FT_Get_Char_Index
> > FT_Load_Glyph
> > FT_Render_Glyph
> >
> > I'd like to statically link the library to my application so it has
> > as small size as possible.  What minimal FreeType config would you
> > suggest to achieve this?
>
> What you describe is the standard interface of FreeType to be used
> with any font.  What you don't say is what kind of fonts you actually
> want to use!  Have a look into the file docs/INSTALL.ANY of the
> currrent CVS to see which font drivers, renderers, and utility modules
> are available.

Thanks for your reply,

I need to use only TrueType fonts. I have checked the document you
described...so doest i mean I should only compile the base components +
TrueType driver? (Actually I'm using AGG(www.anitgrain.com) for rendering
and rasterizing I need mainly to get the glyph outlines data from FreeType)

thanks,

Richard