[ft] Differences between FT1 and FT2

From: Dave Williss
Subject: [ft] Differences between FT1 and FT2
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:37:42 -0500

We've been using FreeType 1.3 for quite a while and the possibility of updating to FreeType 2.1 came up today.

Is there a document anywhere which lists the features that are in FreeType 2 but not FreeType 1?  The FAQ just says it "does a lot more".

The FAQ also says that FT1 includes OpenType layout processing but in FT2, it was moved to a different project which is not available.  What's the status of FreeType Layout?  Without that, we really can't move forward.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup