Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:41:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Masatake YAMATO wrote:

/*Initiate Library*/
Error = FT_Init_FreeType( &m_Library );
/* set transformation */
FT_Set_Transform( Face, &Matrix, &Pen );

Annoying comments. It is too obvious.

First, remove unnecessary comments for reviewing your program. Some of
reviewer know very well about FreeType2 API.  Therefore, the comments
you may need is not necessary for them.

You may not want to review following example:

#include <stdio.h> /* printf is declared here. */
int/* Generally main returns an integer.
On my s30, x86 note PC bought from IBM, the integer is
represented in 32bit. */
main /* In C language, main is the entry point for a
prgoram. Maybe reserved word. However, look at linux
kernel, could you find main function? It is your
homework*/(void) /* I'm too busy to write about
arugments. */{/* Begininng of block. Don't use
BEGIN. this is not pascal. */
printf /* printf function is for formatted printing
*/("hello world\n", /* Japanese may say KONNICHIWA
SEKAI in stead of "hello world"*/); return /* main
returns an integer value. */0/* main returns 0. generally
0 means no problem is occurred during execution. */
;/* this is delimiter put between statements in C language.
*/} /* End of block. Don't use END. This is not postscript */

I'm impressed.

BTW, why did you sign your email? Most of email users know very well how to read them and can find your name in the email header
Therefore writing it once more at the bottom of the email is not
necessary for them.

Jan

PS
Sorry for OT post, but I just found your email unnecessary offensive.
Comments in code are usually good thing, and if you use any editor that
can do syntax highlighting, it shouldn't distract you that much.

 |_| | | | \|                             http://juljas.net/