[ft] Using a bitmap font with freetype2

From: Frans
Subject: [ft] Using a bitmap font with freetype2
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:00:08 +0200

Hello all,

We have an embedded application requiring simple font rendering. The choice
will be to use bitmap only fonts for a start. This is due to minimal process
load.

I tried the example with freetype-doc. It has been possible to produce ttf
results with the example, but using .otb or .bdf files produced only garbage
in the example. What is the correct procedure to extract the bitmap data from
the bitmap fonts?

Best regards

Frans