[ft] Font Style

From: Paresh Deshmukh
Subject: [ft] Font Style
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:49:59 UT

Hi,
  I am trying to get a glyph with italic style but even after setting the style
flag it won't change the glyph. I am going through old discussion of freetype
list and find the freetype does not provide any facility to get Bold or Italic
style. Is this still true or now freetype has some facility? if not please tell
me how to get Italic or bold style.
  1. Problem with bold: How can I write iteratively with different size for same
font? it will be very slow .. is any better method is there.
  2. Italic Style: if set transform is used for italic effect. then what to do
when we need to print 90,180 or  270 degree with same effect?

Thanks