Re: [ft] I have a question

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] I have a question
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:18:28 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:33:27 +0800
LingNing Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have a question, how can I get the details of GSUB table of a font file?

If you want the detailed explanation of GSUB table,
please check Microsoft or Adobe's OpenType specification:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_table_formats1.html

You want some tools to investigate GSUB table in
existing font files, please check CPAN Font-TTF,
or Adobe's tool

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/afdko/topic.html

However, both tools are very large and complicated.

>Would you give me a demo?

Do you mean a demo program to show how GSUB is utilized?
If you know the complicated text layout rules in Arabic
or Indic text, please ask Pango people... oops, old screen
shots are removed from current pango.org. I think they
have impressive examples.

If you know about vertical writing mode in CJK, I remember
freetype1 has sample implementation to extract vertical
glyphs from OpenType font.

Regards,
mpsuzuki