[ft] Unable to configure: "make: Nothing to be done for 'unix'".

From: thomas Armstrong
Subject: [ft] Unable to configure: "make: Nothing to be done for 'unix'".
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:48:40 +0200

Hi.

Trying to install freetype-2.2.1 on Fedora Core 2.

1) Downloaded source
2) Untarred
3) mkdir /usr/local/freetype
4) ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetype
5) make

But I get this message:
------------------
checking dynamic linker characteristics... cat: ld.so.conf.d/*.conf:
No such fil e or directory
GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating unix-cc.mk
config.status: creating unix-def.mk
config.status: creating freetype-config
config.status: creating freetype2.pc
config.status: creating ftconfig.h
make: Nothing to be done for `unix'.

And I cann't compile it. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.