Re: [ft] FT_New_Face

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_New_Face
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:33:17 -0400

At 9:57 AM +1000 9/18/06, Michael Day wrote:
We do that too in Prince, however this method is difficult to use for TrueType Collection (TTC) fonts such as the Chinese mingliu.ttc font, as the table offsets are relative to the entire font file, but GetFontData() only gives you the single font that you asked for, which appears to be broken when handed to FreeType. Can you handle this situation by rewriting the offsets, or do you only handle non-TTC fonts?

I don't support TTC fonts using that methodology, since it doesn't work as well for TTC (and also certain T1 fonts). For those, we don't use FT at all and load the font & respective data ourselves.

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-938-7080 (voice)
                                             215-689-3863 (fax)