Re: [ft] Bad emulation of boldness.

From: Daniel M.
Subject: Re: [ft] Bad emulation of boldness.
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:28:20 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
The problem might be that the glyph drawing backend calls a
convenient function provided by freetype to embolden the glyphs,
which lacks parameters to control how embolden is done.
Is it considered a bug?

No.  Embolding with fixed values is always problematic.  Recent
FreeType version have a function which enables the user to fine-tune
the boldness.

Do you mean a CVS version or the stable version (2.2.1, which I also
use)? If it is in a CVS version, when the feature is expected to make it
into the stable version? Also, will there be (or, if it already exists,
where could I find it) a documentation about how to fine-tune boldness?

Daniel.