Re: [ft] Update of freetype client patch page?

From: Halim I.
Subject: Re: [ft] Update of freetype client patch page?
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:33:03 +0100

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 00:47, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Is there any hope that it'll be updated soon to include updated news
> > on the state of Cairo, OpenOffice.org and Xft ?
>
> I don't have time to do it by myself.  Patches welcome.

It might be an idea for someone to keep track of the various patches available
to make applications work without the internal headers exposed. However,
that's somewhat difficult without knowing who wrote the patches in the first
place.

I'm no expert on this, but it should be possible to have a watch-list of the
various patches against for instance cairo and openoffice and more actively
drive the patches through to released versions, thus proactively eliminating
the problem.

I am not  a programmer, but do have some spare time to contribute to follow
things up, provided that I get a little bit more information on who wrote the
patches, and what references they have at the various projects..

Any ideas welcome!