[ft] Thread-related issues

From: Charles Osborne
Subject: [ft] Thread-related issues
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:45:58 +0100

Hi,

I have written an application using FreeType from a number of separate threads, and am noticing occasional crashes at certain points. The fact that the documentation states that the library is thread safe would lead me to assume that the way I'm using it, with a single shared FT_Library instance, and a single instance of each FT_Face, shared amongst all threads, is valid. All the exceptions I've seen so far are related to memory freeing.

Any suggestions?