Re: [ft] Getting width of space

From: Peter Weilbacher
Subject: Re: [ft] Getting width of space
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 19:17:03 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I got them to build now by adding
>>
>>    CFLAGS+=-c
>>    LDFLAGS+=-Zomf -Zexe
>>
>> at the top of Makefile.
>
> Which compiler do you use?  Have a look into
> freetype2/builds/os2/detect.mk...  Can you improve this, probably by
> providing patches?

I am using GCC 3.3.5. Although it is not called "EMX" any more most of
the flags of the EMX/gcc compiler that os2-gcc.mk was intended for should
continue to work.
I don't really see anything wrong with the existing .mk files, CFLAGS in
builds/compiler/gcc.mk does contain -c already and I don't see where else
this would be overwritten.

>> But when starting ftstring just now as
>>
>>    ftstring.exe -m "some message" 50 c:\PSFonts\tnrwt_j.ttf
>>
>> it shows an empty PM window that never paints...
>
> I would be glad if you could fix that too.

Will try to take a look but no promises. ;-)

>> Could you otherwise give me a hint where in FT I could start
>> debugging, i.e. where the width is calculated?
>
> Please read the file docs/DEBUG and try those environment variables.

OK, thanks.

   Peter.