[ft] Issue when use Freetype Develop Postscript Emulation

From: Jimmy Zhou
Subject: [ft] Issue when use Freetype Develop Postscript Emulation
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:03:57 +0800

Hello Freetype Team:

    Thanks for deliver such a good quality font engine, We are using it to develop a postscript level 3 emulation, but we meet several problem:

    1) Type1 Font Doesn't support (PaintType == 2) case, in Postcript manual, type1 font can support fill(PaintType == 0) or stroke(PaintType == 2), but after I pass PaintType(2) && StrokeWeight to Freetype engine through Postscript command, the output image is still filled.

    2) Freetype engine fill Type1 Character outline use Non-Zero fill, But when we analysis other Postscipt emulation, we find they fill type1 char use Even-Odd fill, I search freetype code, And find there is a flag to turn on Even-Odd fill, but it is only for smoother raster, we need Even-Odd fill in 'Mono Mode(1 Bit)'.

    Is there any workaround for the above prolbem?

Best Regards
Jimmy
Senior Engineer
Chief-Win Corporation