Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:32:56 +0200 (CEST)

> So are you saying that, since you do not know how Visual C++ works,
> but by running a compiler that would not give any problems, it
> should create the files, or are there more procedure steps then just
> compiling the src files?

The steps, regardless which compiler, are

  . compile FreeType to get a library
  . compile the application and link the FreeType library with it

> If it is as simple as just compiling the files, then what compiler
> would you suggest that you know of, Borland C++?

While FreeType should compile with a wide variety of compilers (both C
and C++ -- for the latter you should use the current CVS), this isn't
probably true for your application.

A guess: What about modifying FreeType's VC++ project file, renaming
the library to `FreeType.lib' as you need it?  Perhaps a simple
renaming will do the trick also...

> as for thinking you wrote the stuff, I was refering to this link
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00064.html

Well, someone sent me the project files, and I've added them blindly
to the CVS.