[ft] cannot open some fonts on mac and linux

From: Riccardo Cohen
Subject: [ft] cannot open some fonts on mac and linux
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:25:01 +0200

Hi
I tried to open all fonts on my windows/macosx/linux with latest freetype lib 2,3,5.
I found some important problems, and could not find the solution :

MAC
---
some basic fonts (/Library/Fonts/Arial) are not open, and I have about 50% of font files that fail to open with FT_New_Face(). It seems that it is all mac font suitcases... which are used by all native softwares.

LINUX
-----
it seems that all afm/pfm font are not open: p052023l.pfm which removes from the list all /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/.

WINDOWS
-------
very few font failed, no real problem

I would like to know if this is normal, and how can I use mac suitcases. I found nothing on the doc about this. Thanks

--
Très cordialement,

Riccardo Cohen
ligne directe : 02-47-49-63-24