Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibi

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibility
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:49:08 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 02:48:26 +0000
dipsy po <address@hidden> wrote:
>In case someone has already written the Carbon-free suitcase
>font support, I would appreciate if you may share your code.
>I am willing to test and debug it.
>
>I hope the freetype developers who are reading this message
>can consider to implement this feature quickly, as many people
>will certain be affected by this incompatible Leopard change.
>(I know  this problem is created by Leopard, not freetype,
>but we will have to live with it.)

Sorry for your inconvenience. How quickly do you want?

When I've posted the proposal of Carbon-free replacement of
ftmac.c, I was rewriting all (both of public and internal)
functions in ftmac.c by POSIX functions. Later I got busy
and my rewriting is not finished yet. I will do my best but
I think I cannot have sufficient time until mid of December.

BTW, I don't have Intel Mac in my hand. My friends have
64bit PPC Mac and 32bit Intel Mac, but nobody around me has
64bit Intel Mac. The trouble you reported (Apache crashed
by inappropriate calling of CoreFoundation) can be reproduced
on PPC Mac?

Regards,
mpsuzuki