Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibi

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibility
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:25:54 +0900 (JST)

> > George, could you tell me how many `.' are needed to access a resource fork?
> > 2 or 5?
> two
> >
> > You wrote:
> > > On the other hand there seems to be another mechanism to get at it from
> > > POSIX
> > >     strcat(filename,"/..namedfork/rsrc")
> > > (using this does not cause a warning message to appear in my 10.5 system
> > > log). Said to work back to 10.3.
> >
> > It seems two dots are needed. However, in the other hand you wrote.
> >
> > > So my solution will be:
> > >    First try to append "/.....namedfork/rsrc"
> > >    If that fails try "/rsrc"
> Don't know how that happened.
> Two.

Thank you. I reread my code. When I wrote ftrfork.c with Toshiya-san,
I thought it was over designed. However, now I know it is not enough.

FT_Raccess_Guess function is not enough to handle this mechanism.

FT_Raccess_Guess just guesses one file name. Then IsMacResource reads
the file gusseted by FT_Raccess_Guess. However, on Leopard, two files
are needed; one for POST and another for sfnt.

(I'll take time about this topic. )

Masatake