[ft] Windows Bitmap Fonts with Freetype2

From: Christian Wolfsheimer
Subject: [ft] Windows Bitmap Fonts with Freetype2
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:20:48 +0100

Hi, in the documentation is spoken about the feature that freetype can handle windows bitmap font files (*.fnt, *.fon). But if I add these to the specified font folder, they don't appear in something like gtk-chtheme or in the KDE font selectors, and also not in the xfontsel program when using the X11 freetype module. Simply nowhere. What do I have to do with the fonts that I get freetype to see it? I compiled freetype with no special flags, I only set a --prefix and enabled the Bytecode Interpreter in ftoption.h