[ft] freetype 64bit build

From: LeRetha Childress
Subject: [ft] freetype 64bit build
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:20:14 -0500

Hello

I am trying to build a 64bit version of freetype and I have run into a few problems.
I converted my solution file to x64 in Visual Studio 2005.
The debug and release versions both build but with a lot of warnings and it is some of these warnings that are causing me problems.

I am getting several "inconsistent dll linkage" warnings that is causing these functions not to be found when I try to use freetype to build osg plugin freetype.

1>FreeTypeFont.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_FT_Done_Face referenced in function "public: virtual __cdecl FreeTypeFont::~FreeTypeFont(void)" (??1FreeTypeFont@@address@hidden)

The warnings look like this

ftwinfnt.c

..\..\..\src\base\ftwinfnt.c(30) : warning C4273: 'FT_Get_WinFNT_Header' : inconsistent dll linkage

..\..\..\include\freetype/ftwinfnt.h(247) : see previous definition of 'FT_Get_WinFNT_Header'

this is in ftwinfnt.c

FT_Get_WinFNT_Header

( FT_Face face,

FT_WinFNT_HeaderRec *header )

{

FT_Service_WinFnt service;

FT_Error error;

error = FT_Err_Invalid_Argument;

if ( face != NULL )

{

FT_FACE_LOOKUP_SERVICE( face, service, WINFNT );

if ( service != NULL )

{

error = service->get_header( face, header );

}

}

return error;

}

And...

this is in ftwinfnt.h

FT_Get_WinFNT_Header

( FT_Face face,

FT_WinFNT_HeaderRec *aheader );

I get several of these warnings for various functions

I am wondering if anybody else has run into similar problems when converting to x64 version of freetype and maybe if somebody knows what I did wrong and how to fix it or maybe even a better way to convert to 64 bit.

Thanks
LeRetha