Re: [ft] PHP imagettftext: Bad character spacing / anti-aliasing

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] PHP imagettftext: Bad character spacing / anti-aliasing
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:19:58 +0900

Hi,

Sorry for your inconvenience, but your description is
insufficient to reproduce the problem: please synchronize
all conditions (operating system, GD, PHP, etc etc)
except of FreeType2 version.

In addition, if the FreeType2 binaries you're using are
precompiled binary in some distributions of Linux, FreeBSD
etc, please ask detail to the package maintainers of the
distributions. As you know, FreeType2 has various configuration
switches of hinting and anti-aliasing technologies, and
some distributors build their binaries with non-standard
configuration. The version of FreeType2 is not sufficient
to recognize the rasterization features of FreeType2.

Sometimes I find the posts asking about the rasterization
difference between unidentified precompiled binary and his
own binary (simply built by "./configure && make && make
install"). It's difficult for subscribers to track the
origin of the difference.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:22:59 +0200