[ft] Re: Error value 20

From: Govind
Subject: [ft] Re: Error value 20
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:59:14 +0530

Hi,

I used freetype_2.3.8 version.
font file simhei.ttf has version 3.02
Unicode value is 0x5043 for which error occurs first time.
Error code 20 (Raster_Err_Invalid) occurs when i choose point size 10 for width and height and resolution is 180*180.
Whenever size is reduced say for 8 point size. Error disappears.

Thanks and Regards
Govind

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
While generating glyphs using simhei.ttf ,
I found that FT_Render_Glyph() returns error value 20 for few glyphs
among thousands generated(.i.e. Invalid outline).

Which FreeType version (you should *always* include this information)?
Which version of simhei.ttf?  And please be specific which glyphs
return the error so that I can debug it.

*Can we ignore this or it is some kind of serious error which needs
*attention.*

I have no idea.

One reason for returning this error is that condition : if
(ras.band_top >= 7) found to be true.

Interesting.  I've never seen this error before.