Re: [ft] definition of FT_EXPORT and FT_BASE for Windows

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: [ft] definition of FT_EXPORT and FT_BASE for Windows
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 09:21:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 May 2009, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

in the GnuWin32 package of Freetype, FT_EXPORT and FT_BASE are
defined with the following patch: [...]

I remember that you used some parts of the patch of that GnuWin32
package, but not that one.  Werner, can you explain me why ?

It's too specific IMHO: We don't have those macros defined:

 BUILD_FREETYPE2_DLL
 FREETYPE2_STATIC
 USE_FREETYPE2_DLL
 USE_FREETYPE2_STATIC

It seems to me that this is an attempt to provide some of the
`configure' stuff in a different way.  I basically don't object to it,
but right now those macros are black box values, so I consider it best
if they are part of the package which defines them.

Do you mean that you would agree if, in addition, the patch adds those definitions in configure.ac (for mingw / cygwin) and in the visual studios files ?

Vincent Torri