Re: [ft] freetype render mingliu.ttc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] freetype render mingliu.ttc
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:16:00 +0200 (CEST)

> I am using freetype2 to render texts.  I am using
> face->glyph->advance.x to get adavance for moving.  It works for
> arial.ttf like a charm.  I have tried the same algorithm for
> mingliu.ttc and here is problem.  For all glyph it returns
>
>   advance.x = 17 << 6;

For all glyphs?  It should return the half width for glyphs like
latin.

> I am using LOAD_MONOCHROME, RENDER_MONO on pixelSize = 17.

Why do you think this is incorrect?

> Maybe it uses embedded bitmaps in mingliu.ttc and therefore returns
> bad advance.

There are no embedded bitmaps for 17ppem.

> What should I do to get correct advance for MingLiu.ttc font?

This is a TrueType collection.  One font (MingLiU) has only two
advance width values (512 and 1024 font units), the other one
(PMingLiU) has *some* proportional advance widths.