Re: [ft] Error while Installing FreeType-2.3.11 under ScratchBox.

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Error while Installing FreeType-2.3.11 under ScratchBox.
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 05:05:58 +0900

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 05:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
"K.B." <address@hidden> wrote:
>but when i configure and make and then after make install...
>make install does not install include files to folder
>/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/internal
>which are needed by Pango.

Since FreeType 2.2.x (4 years ago), FreeType does not
install internal header files anymore, to keep the
applications programmers from unexpected reference of
unstable internal API. I think latest Pango is already
free from FreeType2 internal header files. If not,
please let me know.

If you have a reason to use legacy Pango that requires
FreeType2 internal header files, you should use legacy
FreeType2. No FreeType2 developers can guarantee the
compatibilities between the APIs in legacy FreeType2
internal header files and the APIs in current FreeType2
internal header files. Either Pango developers can't
guarantee, I guess.

Considering such helpless situation in 2009, I recommend
you to reconsider to migrate to newer Pango.

Regards,
mpsuzuki