Re: [ft] Use of freetype file

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Use of freetype file
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:46:38 +0100 (CET)

> 1. In the context "The FreeType Project is copyright (C) 1996-2000
>    by David Turner, ........"
>
>    How about now?

It's still the same.

> 2. In the context "If you use our work, you must acknowledge us.
>    However, no fee need be paid to us."
>
>    Do I still need to inform you?  (Well, would this be some sort of
>    informing?)

No, it's not necessary to inform us (however, we would like to hear in
which product you are using the FreeType library), but you have to add
something in your documentation/help file/whatever that you are using
the FreeType library.  In other words, if the user is interested to
find out whether the FreeType library is used in your product, he or
she must have a chance to find this information somewhere in your
product's documentation.

> 3. In the context "You can use this software for whatever you want,
>    in parts or full form, without having to pay us. (`royalty-free'
>    usage)"
>
>    If I put your file to a productization software, does it still
>    royalty-free?

Yes.

> 4. If a contract need to sign with you, in what form I need to sign?

There's no contract to sign.  Just obey the license.