Re: [ft] TT_PLATFORM_MACINTOSH : which mapping converts Unicode into the

From: Tom Sanham
Subject: Re: [ft] TT_PLATFORM_MACINTOSH : which mapping converts Unicode into the expected encoding?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:09:51 +0100

Thanks for the response.

I asked because I came across a very old font which contains no Unicode
mapping, and no glyph names; hence I wish to write a routine to
translate Unicode values into the legacy encoding supported by the font.

However I think I have now found the answer I needed:

The relationships between the legacy encodings and Unicode are specified
by the following document:

ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/README.TXT

Thanks again

Tom