[ft] Examples?

From: nn6eumtr
Subject: [ft] Examples?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:09:47 -0400

Hello,

I've just started with Freetype. I haven't found too many examples of the library usage, I was hoping someone could me:

I've tried to make an oblique version of a font using this transform (like the one in ftsynth.c):

    transform.xx = 0x10000L;
    transform.yx = 0x00000L;
    transform.xy = 0x06000L;
    transform.yy = 0x10000L;
    FT_Glyph_Transform( glyph, &transform, 0 );

This does make the font slant slightly, however it also adds a lot of white-space to the left of the text and I'm not sure why. I'm also not certain how the 0x06000L value is derived - I believe it is fixed point representation of 0.6, but how was 0.6 derived?

The other thing I've been trying to do is rotate individual glyphs - I've seen the tutorial that writes a string of characters, that works, but if I wanted a horizontal run of characters that had been rotated, does anyone have an example of how to do that? Everything I've tried seems to change the location of the glyphs rather then spin them.