Re: [ft] Vertical Offset ( alignement) Texture atlas

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Vertical Offset ( alignement) Texture atlas
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:11:03 +0200 (CEST)

> So my mean is to have the same result as this:
>
> http://uppix.net/5/c/6/3f2437d78c4492e66fcacf8c2fdbc.bmp
>
> I’m sure I miss a big fact about positioning.

I don't have time to read the source code, but looking at the above
image I assume that the rectangle size is predefined.  It seems that
all glyphs are scanned to find the smallest global bounding box.  This
process gets repeated until an input character size is found which
makes all characters fit into the given rectangles.  Then the largest
character is centered in the rectangle, and finally all other glyphs
are positioned using the same origin.