Re: [ft] Rendering a filled contour inside an unfilled one

From: Shriramana Sharma
Subject: Re: [ft] Rendering a filled contour inside an unfilled one
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:29:43 +0530

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Using polygons only, tangents aren't an issue, AFAIK, and if you use
> the FontForge's `--enable-real=double' configure option (which is now
> the default).  The problem is rather grazing intersections of third
> order Bézier curves which are very hard to tackle.  Have a look at
> this web page:

Hi -- in CGAL parlance "general polygon" means a contour whose
segments may be composed of straight lines, bezier curves or circular
arcs. If you take a longer look at the code in the page I linked to,
this will be clear. The mathematical parlance in the documentation is
a bit heacy though, so one needs to learn to read through that...

And re looking into the FT code, I guess I'll try that. Thanks.

--
Shriramana Sharma