Re: [ft] Font rendering quality

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft] Font rendering quality
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:00:43 -0700

I was curious about the unusual symptoms.

In this font, hinted vertical stems which are composed of curves are too thin.
The Windows GDI rasterizer has the same issue with it, so it is probably a font
problem. The FreeType autohinter does a better job because it ignores the font
hints. Or you could render with hints disabled.

-Dave