Re: [ft] FT_New_Face() returns error

From: Gregor Mückl
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_New_Face() returns error
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:46:58 +0100

On 2014-01-13 14:31, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
some users of a software reported a bug I have never seen on my
systems.  It seems like funktion FT_New_Face() returns an error
FT_Err_Cannot_Open_Resource for these users.  The funny thing: when
they try for a second time, everything is working well and
FT_New_Face() is called successfully.

This looks like an issue outside of FreeType's control.  Since I don't
use Windows, I can't help.

    Werner

Just on a hunch: have you asked your users whether they run an antivirus software and if so, could you ask them to test if the problem goes away when they disable the scanner temporarily?

Gregor