[ft] gzip dependency in the sfnt module for version 2.5.3?

From: Preet
Subject: [ft] gzip dependency in the sfnt module for version 2.5.3?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 04:08:21 -0400

Hiya,

I'm trying to build freetype 2.5.3 directly into a project without
using autoconf and associated GNU make tools. I've been trying to
follow the CUSTOMIZE and INSTALL.ANY install notes in the
documentation directory.

When trying to build, I get an 'undefined reference to
FT_Gzip_Uncompress' error from sfobjs.c in the sfnt module. As I want
to build without zlib support I've disabled both
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_LZW and FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_ZLIB in ftoption.h.

FT_Gzip_Uncompress seems to be defined in the gzip module... but that
module isn't listed as being necessary for sfnt in the docs. Also,
older versions of sfobjs.c don't seem to call FT_Gzip_Uncompress (I
looked at sfobjs.c in 2.4.2)...

So is gzip just a requirement for newer versions of freetype2 to use
the sfnt module? I'd appreciate any clarification.

Regards,

Preet