[ft] Characters showing as absent from a font

From: Vincent Larsen
Subject: [ft] Characters showing as absent from a font
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:02:46 +0000

To whom it may concern;

I am using FreeType with the open source BabelStone Han font and have noticed FreeType doesn’t show some characters as being in the set (for example, FT_Get_Char_Index returns zero for character E7 [lowercase c with a cedilla under it).  I have verified the characters in question by looking at the font with Window’s charmap program.

I am still very new to FreeType and was wonder if there were any suggestions you could give that might get me past this problem.

Sincerely,

Vincent