Re: [ft] Manually constructing an FT_Outline

From: Marco Wertz
Subject: Re: [ft] Manually constructing an FT_Outline
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:53:08 +0100

> > are there any convenience functions or macros to manually construct
> > an FT_Outline in a way that is similar to the FT_Stroker APIs?
> > e.g. functions like FT_Outline_LineTo(),
> > FT_Outline_CubicTo()....would come in really handy or do I really
> > have to do all this manually?
>
> No there aren't, but I think it would be good to have such functions.
> Please file an issue in the bug tracker

Done:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?43630

>or maybe you can even contribute?

I'd surely be able to come up with something as it doesn't look that
complicated but as I don't know very much about the FreeType internals
and implementation conventions it's probably easier if somebody who knows
FreeType in and out writes this instead of going to greater pains to
adapt 3rd party code to comply with the FreeType guidelines...

Marco