Re: [ft] How to determine which Unicode blocks a True Type font supports

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] How to determine which Unicode blocks a True Type font supports?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:03:20 +0900

Hi,

In de-jure standard, OS/2 table has similar info in UnicodeRange
entries (see tttables.h) about the per-block availability. However,
in real world, they are not so reliable. Per-codepoint checking
is required if you want reliable info.

I don't know whether Win32 or C# provide some useful API to do
that (I'm not saying as there would not be - I just say I don't
know).

If you want to self-standing tool doing such, please check fontconfig
source. I'm not recommending to use fontconfig in your software project
(it might be overkill library for Windows application), but you will
find how it checks the glyph availability. It might be one of the
most popular implementation crawling all codepoints and glyph availability.

Regards,
mpsuzuki