Re: [ft] CMakeLists.txt patch

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] CMakeLists.txt patch
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:13:52 +0200 (CEST)

>> Below you can see what I currently have.  Note that one central
>> variable in `freetype-config.in' is still missing:
>> %LIBSTATIC_CONFIG%.  This exposes a weakness present in most
>> `FindXXX.cmake' modules that come with cmake itself: There is no
>> support for getting the static libraries necessary for linking.
>
> What value do you expect in LIBSTATIC_CONFIG?

Ah, a typo, I've meant LIBSSTATIC_CONFIG.  This variable should hold
all libraries necessary for statically linking FreeType.  For example,
I get the following value on my GNU/Linux box.

    -lz -lbz2 -lpng12 -lz -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lharfbuzz
     ^    ^     ^^^^^^^^^^^^    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
     |    |         |                      |
  from zlib       from libpng            from harfbuzz

        from bzip2

In general, the static dependency values for a library `foo' are
collected using the following methods, where the first successful one
wins; see `builds/unix/configure.raw' for details.

  (1) pkg-config --static --libs foo

      On my computer, this gives the above value.  [Note that the data
      for harfbuzz is probably incorrect; I'll check that with
      Behdad.]

  (2) foo-config --static --ldflags
  (3) AC_CHECK_LIB([foo], ...)

Unfortunately, only a handful of the available cmake modules have code
to return static dependencies, e.g., `FindBoost.cmake'.