[ft] Vertical line spacing problems with different fonts.

From: Michael IV
Subject: [ft] Vertical line spacing problems with different fonts.
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 13:35:17 +0300

 hello.
I am drawing multi line text using FreeType2.
Now,I compare my text position with Adobe AfterEffects built-in text.
I found that using standard fonts like Verdana the auto spacing looks good.
But with some less standard fonts like Segoe UI the second line text has a shift of several pixels on vertical axis.I set the line specing using Font metrics Height property.
Interesting also is that if I manually set the line spacing using this formula:

pen.y -= verticalSpacingInPixels / (fontSizeInPixels/ FontMetrics->UnitsPerEM )

then both in AfterEffects and in my app the spacing looks the same.

What can it be?May be Adobe AfterEffects calculates auto spacing in some unique way?But then why does it show the same results as in my app for standard fonts?

Thanks.