[ft] (Font) How can I edit a font, make all sizes look like 9pt hinting?

From: jimbo1qaz
Subject: [ft] (Font) How can I edit a font, make all sizes look like 9pt hinting?
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 02:02:25 -0800

I like how DejaVu Sans Mono looks at 9 point, but I find it too wide at other sizes. I want printouts and all on-screen sizes to look like 9pt (12px).

Can I load the hinting information at 9 point, get the transformed control points, and save a copy of the font with control points permanently moved? (How was DejaVu originally hinted? Would I have to run ttfautohint?)