Re: [ft] Does Freetype support Android x86?

From: 이지흔
Subject: Re: [ft] Does Freetype support Android x86?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:44:04 +0900

=============================Previous question==============================
Hi!
I'm using Freetype for Android apps. Developed using NDK in the Visual Studio
2015 IDE environment.Arm architecture works well, However, it does not build a
project build in the architecture of the X86 architecture. Don't you apply for
X86?Is there a way to use Freetype in the Android x86
architecture?=============================Answers to
questions=============================
Does FreeType fail to build? You simply link it against your nativecode. To
build,
see:https://blog.beuc.net/posts/Cross-compile_FreeType_for_Android_ARM/.Compiling
 for the emulator is similar. It will use a cross toolchain;notably the C
library is different.
See:https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/standalone_toolchain.html.Cheers,
  R0b0t1

I made a ".a" file using toolchain and tried again.

use : mingw
ndk version : android-ndk-r10e
toolchain setting : make-standalone-toolchain.sh --platform=android-19
--toolchain=x86-clang3.6 --system=windows --arch=x86
freetype setting : ./configure --host=x86 --prefix=`pwd`/android --without-zlib
--with-png=no

and make directory "bin", "include", "lib", "share" and file "freetype.a",
"freetype.la".

I registered the generated file in the project and built it, but I got a linker
error.

These error messages

error : undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Kerning'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Face'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Done_FreeType'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Library_SetLcdFilter'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Library_SetLcdFilterWeights'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Glyph'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Stroker_New'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Stroker_Set'
error : undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Glyph'

Interesting fact is that ARM builds are not a problem at all.

Only problem with x86 builds.

How can I solve the problem?