Re: [ft] rendering differences between 2.8 and 2.81

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] rendering differences between 2.8 and 2.81
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:21:09 +0200 (CEST)

> I am seeing few cases of rendering differences between 2.8 and 2.81,
> and the same is attached to my mail. In the attached images left
> side is rendered with 2.8 and right side is rendered with 2.8.1.

You don't say what application you use...

Regardless of that, I'm rather sure this is a problem with an older
version of the Skia graphics library which uses an undocumented,
internal representation of subpixel buffers; this representation has
changed in FreeType 2.8.1, causing such artifacts.

I don't know whether there has been a new Skia release meanwhile;
however, I believe it has been already fixed in the git repository
(since new releases of Firefox no longer exhibit this problem), so you
should try that.