Re: [ft] Optimizing ft_adobe_glyph_list

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Optimizing ft_adobe_glyph_list
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 07:32:26 +0200 (CEST)

>> [...], please outline with a few words how you are going to
>> implement the compression.
>
> The size reduction is a result of several optimizations: [...]

Looks good, thanks.  I assume that this will be a modification to the
existing `glnames.py' script, right?  Please ensure that the test
function also works :-)

> All of the above increase the complexity and size of the retrieval
> function.  Unfortunately we can't know the impact of the changes
> until basically everything is finished and we do tests.  Maybe the
> slowdown will be so severe that the proposal does not make sense :-)

It would be nice if you could provide some C code (using the FreeType
API to access a standard, free font like DejaVu) that other people can
then use for profiling.