[ft] Debug vs Release build of freetype

From: OmPrakash Paliwal
Subject: [ft] Debug vs Release build of freetype
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 08:30:50 +0530

Hi all,

I have an application that run on openjdk-11 and  is affected by new
freetype version as mentioned in following issue
https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk-build/issues/1059

I tried the give solution to enable truetype interpreter-version 35 in my
windows application using
FREETYPE_PROPERTIES="truetype:interpreter-version=35". Here is what i tried
and what was the outcome on windows 10 with JDK-11.0.1

1. I set FREETYPE_PROPERTIES="truetype:interpreter-version=35" system wide
in System Properties and *freetype.dll picks the property*

2. I set FREETYPE_PROPERTIES="truetype:interpreter-version=35" in my
application using *putenv *before invoking JVM and *freetype doesn't picks
up the property.*

3. I downloaded the source code of freetype and build using DEBUG flag with
VS2019 . Rreplaced the freetype.dll in java installation folder, and
executed step 2.  *freetype.dll picks the property*

4. I tried step 3 with RELEASE build but it doesn't work.

What i came to notice is that the Release version of freetype.dll is not
working for me when Property is set inside the application but Debug
version works.

Any idea why the property isn't picked from RELEASE build of freetype.dll

*PS: Pardon me if i made it confusing to understand the actual problem.*

--

*Regards*
*Om Prakash*